16 Critical Questions
You MUST Ask Before
Hiring Any IT Company
If You Depend On Your Computer Network To Run Your Business, This Is One Report You DON’T Want To Overlook!
This free report will explain in simple, non-technical terms what you need to look for when outsourcing your IT support, as well as cost-saving strategies, insider tips and 16 revealing questions you MUST ask any computer consultant before giving him access to your computer network. If your current guy can’t answer a confident “Yes” to all 16, it might be time to look for someone else.
- The single most expensive mistake most small business owners make when hiring an IT consultant.
- The surprising reason most small businesses fall victim to sub-standard support.
- What some IT consultants are doing to take advantage of business owners, and how to make sure you’re not one of them.
- How to avoid expensive computer repair bills and get all the computer support you need for a low, fixed monthly rate.
A Free Education Guide By:
John David Kistler
Business Owner – J&B Technologies, Ltd.
June 1st, 2016
From the Desk of: John Kistler
J&B Technologies, Ltd.
Dear Fellow Business Owner,
Hi, my name is John Kistler, President of J&B Technologies, Ltd.. As a business owner myself, I know how busy you are in this stressful economy, so I’ll get right to the point of this report.
Although we’ve never met, I’d be willing to wager a bet that your computer network – and the critical data it holds – is not nearly as secure as you think it is. How do I know?
Because over and over again I’m absolutely HORRIFIED by the incompetence and irresponsibility I discover when I audit most business networks. In 98% of the computer networks I review, I find faulty or non-existent backups, security loopholes, shoddy reporting, and flawed systems that simply cost more to maintain and don’t align with the operations of the business.
Plus, not a week goes by where we don’t get a ‘911 crisis call’ from a business owner with a major technical disaster that COULD have been prevented. Why do so many businesses pay for substandard computer support? Simply because they don’t know how to truly verify that their network IS secure and end up having to take someone at their word.
That’s why I’ve decided to write this report for all the business owners in our area to EDUCATE them about what to look for in an IT consultant. Quite honestly, I’m shocked at the oversights and sloppiness of most self-proclaimed “experts” and want to see the standards raised. Below you’ll find a mini acid test you can use to determine whether or not your network really IS being supported properly.
If your technician does not score a “yes” on every point, you could be paying for substandard support AND be wide open to a very expensive, very frustrating computer disaster:
- Do they answer their phones “live”?
- Are they remotely monitoring your network 24-7-365 to keep critical security settings, virus definitions, and security patches up to date?
- Do they INSIST on monitoring an offsite as well as an onsite backup, or are they letting you rely on outdated tape backups?
- Do they INSIST on doing periodic test restores of your backups to make sure the data is not corrupt and could be restored in the event of a disaster?
- Have they provided you with written, network documentation detailing what software licenses you have, critical network passwords, and hardware information, or are they the only person with the “keys to the kingdom?”
- Do they consistently (and proactively) offer new ways to improve your network’s performance, or do they wait until you have a problem to make recommendations?
- Do they provide detailed invoices that clearly explain what you are paying for?
- Do they explain what they are doing and answer your questions in terms that you can understand (not geek-speak)?
- Do they complete projects on time and on budget, or does every project end up taking longer and costing more than you expected?
- Do they offer any guarantees on their services?
- Do they arrive on time and dress professionally?
- Do they have other technicians on staff who are familiar with your network in case your regular technician goes on vacation or gets sick?.
- Do their technicians participate in ongoing training, or do you feel as though they are learning on your dime?
- Do they take calls from other clients while working on your network (and on your dime)?
- Do you have to manage their progress on projects, or do they provide frequent updates, status reports, and follow-up calls and e-mails?
- Do they offer flat-rate or fixed-fee project quotes, or do they give themselves a wide open playing field with “time and materials?
If Your Current IT Guy Failed This Test, I Want to Give You A FREE Network Audit To Make Things “Right”
I know you are so darn busy running your business that you simply forget to think about the security and health of your computer network UNTIL something major happens.
If that’s you, consider this a “friendly reminder” to get your network checked out – if nothing else, it’s a good way to get a third party review of your network’s security.
And to make it a complete “no-brainer,” I’m offering a Network Check-Up for FREE so you have no excuse for making sure that your computer network is safe not only from spyware and viruses, but also hackers, spam, data loss, hardware failure, software corruption, and a number of other disasters.
For FREE, We Will
Come To Your Office And…
- Talk with you about your network and its’ history.
- Review any major issues you have had with your network.
- Discuss future plans for your network, do you plan to grow? merge? shrink?
- Check your server to make sure it’s not set up to send spam out.
- Check your firewall’s security settings to make sure you are protected from the latest hacker attacks, worms, and viruses.
- Check your spam appliance to make sure it’s got the latest anti-virus module loaded.
- Check your network’s back-up system to ensure it is working properly and accurately backing up all of the critical files and information you never want to lose.
- Verify that you have the most up-to-date security patches installed properly; miss one critical update and you’re a “sitting duck.”
- Diagnose slow, unstable PCs and present options for upgrades or replacement.
- Perform a quick network “tune-up” to make programs and files load faster.
Why Should You Care About This?
Because there are literally dozens of ways hackers and viruses can access your network–undetected—to access and remotely control your network, corrupt your data, and use your network as a conduit for spreading spam, viruses, and even illegal software.
There are numerous system checks and updates that should be done on a regular basis to ensure maximum speed, performance, and security. Ignore them and your system will get progressively slower, unstable, and susceptible to viruses, spyware, and hackers. Tape backups have a failure rate of 100% --that means all tape drives will fail at some point, often without warning. You don’t want to find out that your backup was not working the day after your hard drive fried.
Think About This…
What else in your business is more valuable than the data on your network? Just imagine how devastating it would be to lose it! That’s why this Check-Up is so important. We’ll conduct a comprehensive review of your network’s security settings to make sure your data is safe and secure.
Okay…So What’s The Catch?
I bet you’re wondering why I’d be willing to give this away for free, so please allow me to explain. First off, I want to be clear that this is NOT a bait and switch offer or a trick to get you to buy something. My reputation for running an honest and trustworthy business is something I hold very dear. I would never jeopardize that in any way.
We are simply offering this Free Network Check-Up as a risk-free “get to know us” offer to people we haven’t had the pleasure of doing business with.
After All, Don’t You Just Want Your Darn Computer To Work The Way It’s Supposed To?
That’s why I’m making this offer. I know that we are hands down the best at what we do, but I don’t think it’s fair for you to risk your money to find out. I don’t expect everyone to become a customer, but I know that some will end up becoming loyal, long-term clients, and this is how they got started with me.
Here’s How It Works…
To get your FREE, no-strings-attached, Network Check-Up, simply complete and fax the enclosed response form back to our office. Or if you prefer to speak to me directly about this, call my office at [314-993-5528]. After we receive your request, we’ll schedule a convenient time for one of our technicians to come on-site and conduct a complete health check of your network. When we’re done, we’ll give you a comprehensive, easy-to-read report that will show any problems, threats, or vulnerable areas that need to be addressed.
If we discover a problem, we’ll also provide you with a recommended action plan and fixed-fee quote on what it will cost for us to resolve it. No hidden fees; no bait and switch. If you decide to hire us to do the repair (you’re under no obligation), we’ll get to work on it immediately.
And if we find out everything is safe and secure, you’ll breathe a big sigh of relief knowing the true state of your network’s health and security.
What do you have to lose? Don’t let another day go by without verifying the health and security of your network! We’re making this as easy as possible to say yes – all you have to do is take 60 seconds to fax back the enclosed form or call our offices and we’ll do the rest!
J&B Technologies, Ltd.
YES! Please Reserve a FREE Network Check-Up in My Name to Make Sure My Network IS Actually Secure!
I understand that I am not obligated to do or buy anything by signing up for this offer. For free, one of your technicians will schedule an appointment to conduct a complete health check of my network to:
- Diagnose any computer network problem I am experiencing.
- Check my network’s security against hacker attacks and viruses.
- Check my network back-up system to make sure it is working properly.
- Diagnose slow, unstable PCs.
- Perform a quick network “tune up” to make programs and files load faster.
- Discuss a project or upgrade I am considering, or even give me a second opinion on a quote I’ve received.
Upon completion, I’ll receive a report that will show any problems, threats, or vulnerable areas that need to be addressed. If a problem is discovered, I will receive a recommended action plan and fixed-fee quote to resolve it with no hidden fees. Again, I am under no obligation to hire you to do any work.
Need To Speak To Someone Right Away?
Please Complete This Form:
Fax This Completed Form To: 1-314-993-6329