5 Things You Should Know Before Buying a New Computer
When you are ready to buy a new computer, one of the first questions you may ask yourself is, “Where can I get the best deal?” Obviously you don’t want to pay more than you have to, but there are other considerations besides price that you should consider before making your decision.
If you shop the local electronics superstores for weekly specials, you can easily get a standard machine at a good price. This option would work best for you if you're not too picky or if you don't have any special requirements for gaming, graphics, or special software requirements.
If you buy over the Internet from a major manufacturer such as Dell or Gateway, you'll get more choice and customization on the components, chip speed, RAM, hard drive size, and video components, but you'll pay a slightly higher price.
Sometimes only a component (like the hard drive) will go bad. When this happens, you’ll have to ship the entire machine back to the manufacture and wait a couple of weeks for them to repair it and ship it back. You also run the risk of losing all your data and configurations unless you have a reliable backup.
If you have special requirements, need help in selecting a machine, or if service before, during, and AFTER the sale is important, then you’ll want to buy from a local shop like J&B Technologies, Ltd.
Here Are 5 Big Reasons To Buy Your Next PC From J&B Technologies, Ltd.:
- You'll get a senior technician who will take time to explain your options, answer your questions, and help you make a good buying decision based on what YOU need, not what I have to clear off my store shelves. If you buy from an electronics superstore, there's a good chance you'll end up talking to a teenager working on commission who doesn’t have any real technical expertise.
- Since they don't offer custom-built machines, they will try to talk you into buying whatever they have in-store which may not necessarily be the best choice for your specific needs. If you buy online, you’ll get very little or no help in selecting the right combination of components and options, so this works best ONLY for those individuals who really know what they are buying.
- Superior technical support and service after the sale. If you've ever dealt with a manufacturer's technical support in the past, you know how frustrating it can be. After waiting on hold for days, you’ll end up speaking with a "technician" who doesn't have a clue. Most of the time they're reading from a script and taking you through a series of system checks you could have done on your own. Whenever you have a problem with a machine that you purchased from us, we’ll troubleshoot it for locally, we don’t have to send it out. Plus, you won’t have to wait on hold when you call, which brings me to another point...
- If you need technical support on a computer that you bought from us, you won't go through voice mail jail or be transferred to another country. You actually get to speak to a friendly, local technician.
- For no extra charge, internet access, check your virus protection, set up your firewall, and other preferences and settings. When you buy from a superstore or online, it’s up to you to configure your new machine.
- We’ll custom build a new PC using parts from your old PC. Maybe you just need more memory and a video card added. If you simply want to “upgrade” your PC to save a few dollars, we will gladly do it for you. This is something that no other store or online supplier will offer.
Please Fill Out the Form to the Right to Get One hour FREE for
Data Transfer or Migration!